New Jeans' 'Super Shy' more suited for international listeners? !

New Jeans' 'Super Shy' more suited for international listeners?  !

Video: What Min Hee Jin said to New Jeans' Minji who didn't like Super Shy

Source: Drama Gallery via YouTube

[+317] I didn't like it at first but it grew on me the more I listened ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+284] Honestly, their new song isn't anything amazing, it's just whatever. Their debut song 'Attention' had such a strong impact, and their songs after like 'Hype Boy,' 'OMG,' and 'Dittyo' were legendary, which makes 'Super Shy' just sound whatever in comparison. We still have 'ETA' and 'ASAP' to wait for so it's probably too early to make any judgments but I'll admit the song does grow on you the more you listen to it (and I think they made an excellent call by having Danielle the center member for this promo, she's insanely gorgeous)

[+108] Their previous songs were instant hits that everyone was listening to up to their forties. There were a lot of memes about it, too. Their new song... doesn't have that kind of feel. It definitely sounds like an experiment targeted at the international market. They're already such a popular group that getting #1 on domestic charts has become easy for them but I don't think they'll be the type of group that is popular with every age group. SM's kind of in that category as well... Their popularity is mostly based off of having huge fandoms. Their songs alone are... not that great. Just very SM in style. I think Min Hee Jin being a former SM director is kind of following in that direction. 

[+104] I wonder what it is about 'Super Shy' that appeals to foreigners so much
- [+42] If you look at how popular 'Cupid' got, I think they're just into simple songs. Easy listening trend... I definitely felt like 'Super Shy' had a similar vibe to 'Cupid' when I first heard it
- The style of the song is definitely what's trending overseas right now

[+76] I will admit that 'Super Shy' isn't being mentioned that much around my school like 'Hype Boy' or 'Attention' was when they first came out

[+49] I don't like it either~~ it's weak and not as fresh sounding as their previous songs...

[+42] 'Super Shy' made me realize that Min Hee Jin really is amazing. I've studied in the US for a long time and she's definitely in line with what's popular here. 'Super Shy' kind of reminds me of the same vibes as Fifty Fifty's 'Cupid,' which was hugely popular over here, and I think there was some intentino of going viral on TikTok with dance challenges and whatnot.

[+32] I thought it was a weak song at first but it's a comforting and pretty song the more you listen to it

[+31] I think 'Super Shy' is really addictive

[+8] The song's fine, not really into the choreography... the choreography looks like some aerobics routine

[+7] Really not into 'Super Shy,' but I loved 'Attention' and 'Ditto.' House music type songs like 'Super Shy' are a dime a dozen. They're only charting because of their name. I feel like this was the perfect timing for them to come out with something bigger and better. 

[+5] I remember Taeyeon said she cried because she didn't want to do 'Hoot'~ and as expected, 'Hoot' performed the poorest out of all of SNSD's songs.

[+1] The song was apparently made for the international market anyway. It feels very Y2K to me, like a combo of Humming Urban Stereo + Clazziquai. 

-




Agreed Nebuzz

Dapatkan Hadiah Menarik Setiap Harinya!

  • Dapatkan 100 Diamonds Mobile Legends Tiap Pengguna
  • Pulsa Gratis Untuk Tiap Peserta
  • Saldo Go-Pay dan Ovo Cash
  • Ratusan UC PUBG Mobile Gratis
  • Dapatkan JKT48 Points Senilai 1 Tiket Theater JKT48
Ya, Saya Mau